Tuesday, October 29, 2013

[NFL] Free Analysis: Week 8 and Season Recap

Week 8 and Season Recap

I was 1-1 on my 2 Week 8 Best Bets for -1.9 Stars, although some of you may have missed the upgrade of the Sunday night game to a 2-Star Best Bet on Green Bay when the line dropped to -7 on Sunday after the early games had started. 

I emailed my subscribers at around 12:30 pm PST and updated the Free Analysis page to show the upgrade. That gave everyone 5 hours before game time to check their email or check the Free Analysis page but I know not everyone did that. 

It's rare for me to have an update past 9 am Pacific on Sunday and in the future I will try to anticipate any line moves that could trigger a Best Bet and let everyone know of that possibility ahead of time. I still thought it was best to send that Best Bet out once a play was triggered and I know most of my subscribers were able to get down on it while most of my weekly clients probably didn't think to check back after 10 am PST and only got the 3-Star loss on Atlanta (+3 at -130 odds).

If you paid for the one Best Bet with a weekly pass then I will email you my Week 9 Best Bets at no charge (just send an email on Thursday to bob@drbobsports.com and include your user name so I can look up the transaction from week 8).

For the season I am just 15-15 on my Best Bets for -8.0 Stars but I'm very confident that I'll have a profitable record by the end of the season given my 303-217-13 (58.3%) record on my NFL Best Bets in my career as a public handicapper (since 2006).

No comments:

Post a Comment