Tuesday, October 22, 2013

[NFL] Free Analysis: Week 7 and Season Recap

Week 7 and Season Recap

It was great to finally have a week without a close loss and the result was a profitable 3-1 record on this week's Best Bets, all 3-Star Best Bets. 

I won with the New York Jets (+4), who beat the Patriots in overtime, with the Buffalo Bills, another straight up dog winner, and with Carolina (-6), who beat St. Louis by 15 points. My lone loss was on Philadelphia (-2.5 at -120 odds), who lost 3-17 to Dallas. Overall, a very good profit at +5.4 Stars.

This seson I am still only 14-14 on my Best Bets for -6.1 Stars but I feel my level of handicapping has certainly been better than that. The Jets' game was the first win I've had on a game decided by less than 7 points to the spread (in regulation) since week 3 and that can't be considered lucky at all given that New York was a 4 point dog that won the game and outgained the Patriots by 88 total yards. I’m 302-216-13 (58.3%) on my NFL Best Bets in my career as a public handicapper (since 2006) and I still expect to have a good season despite the slow start.

Week 8 Best Bets Available on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment