Friday, February 15, 2013

Free Analysis Basketball: Pennsylvania v Harvard


Friday College Best Bet:
Every Friday I post my a free analysis. With the foot ball season over, I've turned my attention to Basketball. My basketball analyses will be posted shortly before the game.

  Harvard has a tendency to play down to the level of competition they are challenged with. Which is a pattern the Crimson have time and time again established in the recent years under Tommy Amaker as coach. They have done very well when playing more challenging teams. The Crimson are just 27-49-1 ATS in Ivy League games under Amaker, including 10 straight spread losses (0-6 ATS this season). The only time Amaker's club seems to get up for their Ivy opponents is in same season revenge games (8-6-1 ATS), but the Crimson are just 19-43 ATS in league play when they don't have the revenge motive and their upset loss to Columbia last Saturday sets Harvard up in a negative 20- 93-2 ATS situation today. My ratings favor Harvard by 11 1/2 points, so the line is fair, and Penn has actually played at a slightly higher level without Fran Dougherty, who has missed 10 games and is now out for the season. I'll take Penn in a 2-Star Best Bet at +10 points or more and for 3-Stars at +12 or more.

You can read more best bets and about my packages at http://drbobsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment