Monday, April 15, 2013

Free Analysis: Chicago vs Orlando

My Thursday Opinion on New York lost. My Basketball Best Bets have won 9 consecutive weeks, which is what's really important to me, and I'm 25-18-1 on my Free Best Bets. However, it's been a strange losing season with the opinions, which are just 58-75-5 on my free opinions this season.
I was 49-38-1 on my Free Best Bets and 548-487-19 on my free opinions the previous 5 seasons.

Monday NBA Opinion
Chicago (-4.5) over ORLANDO

Rotation #501 – 4:05 pm Pacific
Chicago is still fighting for playoff positioning and the Bulls are usually at their best off a couple of losses (43-24-1 ATS). Chicago also applies to a very good 83-26-2 ATS road bounce-back situation that is based on those two losses. However, Chicago is also just 6-25 ATS this season when favored by more than 3 points and they’ve been bad in that spread range this season even after a loss or two. Orlando is only 14-25-1 ATS at home this year, which nearly balances out Chicago’s negative team trend. Orlando’s median home result is a 6 point loss and the Bulls are a better than average road team, which is evidence that they should be able to win by 5 points or more even with the lack of rest after playing in Miami yesterday. The key to this game may be the status of Taj Gibson, who has missed a lot of games recently but could return tonight. The Bulls have struggled without Gibson but it is reported that Gibson and Noah will both play tonight. I’d favor Chicago by 5 points with Gibson playing his normal minutes with his normal effectiveness (although that may not be the case in his first game back and trying to get used to a knee brace). I’ll lean with Chicago at -5 or less. 

Situations also apply in favor of Golden State and Utah but the line on the Warriors game appears to be over-adjusted for the Spurs resting players and the Jazz line is inflated - especially if Pekovic plays for Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment