Friday, February 17, 2012

Dr. Bob's Best Bets for Basketball

Best Bets 171-123-3 on Stars since January 12th
I am now 7-2 for the week on my basketball handicapping Best Bets after going 3-0 on Thursday night thanks to a couple of close wins. I easily won my 2-Star Best Bet on Michigan State -6, as the Spartans won by 14 after building a 21 point lead. I barely won my 2-Star Best Bet on the Chicago Bulls -8, as they won by 9 in a game that could have gone either way. My last Best Bet, a 2-Star on Stanford -4, got close at the end thanks to some missed free throws as Stanford was up by 10 with 2 1/2 minutes left but missed 6 free throws down the stretch to only win by 5 points. It's nice to win a couple of close games, as those were the kind of games I was losing early in the season. I've recovered a lot in the past 5 weeks after a slow start to my season. My low point this season was -26.7 Stars, but I'm +38.4 Stars of profit since then and I expect to be solidly profitable by season's end like I usually am.

I am now 126-108-3 on my Basketball Analysis Best Bets and 301-263-7 on a Star Basis (1-1 on 4-Stars, 47-45-1 on 3-Stars and 78-62-2 on 2-Stars) for +11.7 Stars at -1.10 odds. I'm only up a little so far but I've come back from being down big early in the season and I'm likely to win going forward given that I'm +512.4 Stars of profit the last 14 seasons and have averaged over 40 Stars of profit over my 24 years and thousands of Best Bets.

Subscriptions through the NCAA Tournament and NBA Finals
You can purchase Basketball Best Bets daily for just $15 and I also have packages that go through the NCAA Tournament and through the NBA Finals for about $9 a day.

Note: The 28 day subscription is no longer available since it overlaps with the start of the NCAA Tournament. I do have a subscription package that goes through the end of the NCAA Tournament and the price of that package goes down every week.

2010/2011 Season Results
Best Bets 442-375-16 on a Star Basis

I lost my 2-Star Best Bet on the Under but the win by Dallas resulted in a profit of +3.2 Stars on the series (2-Stars risked at +1.60 odds). I had Dallas rated as the best team in the NBA heading into the playoffs and that proved to be the case. In the playoffs I was 12-10 on Best Bets (despite losing a 5 point dog in OT), 14-9-2 on Strong Opinions, 16-21 on leans and 3-0 on Series Bets for +11.0 Stars (1 Star on Memphis over San Antonio for +3.3 Stars, 1.5 Stars on Dallas over the Lakers for +4.5 Stars, and 2 Stars on Dallas over the Heat for +3.2 Stars).

Sports handicapping is never easy, but I had another profitable season of Basketball Best Bets despite losing more close games than I won (15-21 on Best Bets decided by 1 point or less). For the season I was 442-375-16 on a Star Basis (3-2 on 4-Stars, 59-53-2 on 3-Stars and 121-104-5 on 2-Stars and 3-0 on playoff series bets for +11.0 Stars) for a profit of +29.5 Stars at -1.10 odds. Had I gone 18-18 on those close games I would have profited another 14 Stars, so I'm satisfied with my level of handicapping despite not profiting as much as I usually do in Basketball.

Basketball Best Bets +500.7 Stars Last 13 Seasons!
My Basketball Best Bets are 6609-5553-265 on a Star Basis the last 13 seasons, for a profit of +500.7 Stars at -1.10 odds, and I’m 55% on my Basketball Best Bets over 24 seasons.

1 comment:

  1. In college basketball picks, one of the teams is the favorite to win while the other is the underdog. If you want to place a money line bet on the favorite team winning, you need to wager more than you can win. If, on the other hand, you select the underdog, you put in less amount of money than you can win. So it’s not exactly a straightforward bet that pays out even money.

    ReplyDelete